For a Returning Applicant Enrolled In Early High School Program* Required:
*This program is for 9th 10th & 11th graders enrolled in dual credit program at a local college or university who have received a scholarship check from the DWHSF
1. Early College Form from high school counselor to verify participation in Early College Program. Student must be enrolled through an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university
2. Login and create user name and password. https://www.holderscholarship.org/student-application/
3. Complete online application and disclaimer form: https://www.holderscholarship.org/student-application/ partially completed applications, or applications with missing documents may be denied. Students and sponsors will receive an email confirmation: 1) when you submit your username and password; 2) as you edit your application; 3) and when you have submitted the online application. The student and sponsor will also receive an email to inform them if the application has been accepted or denied.
Students will not be allowed to edit or upload documents after 4 p.m., Friday, June 25.
4. Copy of student’s State driver’s license if applicable, or student ID (upload as JPEG or PDF)
5. Copy of Firefighter sponsor’s State driver’s license (upload as JPEG or PDF).
6. Photo of student. A photo of student and Firefighter sponsor is preferred. No paper photographs are accepted. Hi-res photo not to exceed 1MB (upload as a JPEG)
7. Essay 300 minimum word essay, typed, double spaced, font size no larger than 12. Essay must include: Brief description about Firefighter parent or grandparent; (2) How their Firefighter career has impacted the student; (3) What the DWHSF Scholarship Fund award means to the student’s family and to their future. The essay must be on topic. (upload as JPEG or PDF)
8. DWHSF Community Service Form signed by both student and authorizing person. 10 hours of community service must be performed within the period June 1, 2020 – June 25, 2021. Community service can be performed at church, school, fraternity, sorority, organization, hospital, fire station, or can be a good deed for a neighbor, family or friend. You may provide a signed documentation letter from an organization representative, but the student still must complete the DWHSF form signed by the student with a note saying, “see attached.” Signatures cannot be typed. Save the community service form and any documentation letters as one document and upload as JPEG or PDF.
9. OFFICIAL SPRING 2021 COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT showing final grades for the semester. Must be sent via eTranscript to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the college’s electronic transcript system. Unofficial transcripts, copies of transcript, or transcripts without final grades will not be accepted. The student must include all transcripts from all colleges, universities and technical schools attended up to the date of application, including Spring 2021 final grades. If you pay the Registrar to mail an official, sealed, unopened college transcript to DWHSF, P.O. Box 455, Humble, TX 77347, please remember that the envelope MUST BE RECEIVED by the DWHSF office on or before Friday, June 25 at 4 p.m. If you order your official college transcript online, it MUST BE RECEIVED by email at email@example.com on or before Friday, June 25 at 4 p.m. Applications without an official college transcript will be denied. Also, please ensure that the eTranscript is sent in a downloadable PDF format. If you had a gap year, please send the e-Transcript for the last full semester attended showing your final grades. Please call us at 281-385-8525 BEFORE the deadline if you need more clarification.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS
You are strongly encouraged to apply BEFORE the deadline and to re-read the eligibility requirements carefully. Please follow the instructions and email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that your application has been received. If you need additional clarification, please email or call the DWHSF office at 281-385-8525 BEFORE the deadline, June 25, 2021.
• Incomplete applications will not be processed
• Typed signatures are not accepted. DocuSign signatures are accepted
• Applications and required corresponding documents, including official Spring 2021 college transcripts sent via e-Transcript, or by mail from the university or college, received AFTER 4 p.m., June 25 will not be considered, and the application will be denied
• Students and sponsors are encouraged to call the DWHSF at 281-385-8525, or email email@example.com for additional clarification BEFORE the Friday, June 25 deadline.
• We receive hundreds of applications each year, and applications need to be submitted properly for consideration.
• Students need to apply online each year for the DWHSF scholarship award.
• Students are eligible to receive a maximum of four (4) total scholarship awards
Applicants are responsible for applying online. Required forms and documents must be uploaded by the deadline date, June 25 at 4 p.m. Any item missing or received after the deadline date will not be processed, and the application will be denied.
Students are required to apply online at https://www.holderscholarship.org/student-application/
OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS showing final grades for the Spring 2021 semester for new students already in college, or returning DWHSF students must be sent either e-Transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the college’s electronic transcript system, or by mail from the Registrar’s office to DWHSF, P.O. Box 455, Humble, TX 77347. If sending via e-transcript, please make sure the eTranscript is in a downloadable PDF format. The DWHSF must have official college transcripts from all colleges, universities and technical schools attended up to the date of application, including Spring 2021 showing final grades. If you had a gap year, please send the e-Transcript for the last full semester attended showing your final grades. Please call us at 281-385-8525 if you need more clarification. ALL OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY the DWHSF OFFICE ON OR BEFORE JUNE 25 at 4:00PM, or the application will be denied.
How to Submit the Necessary Forms for Your Application
1. When emailing the DWHSF at email@example.com about a student or application, please include the student’s Lastname, Firstname 2021 in the subject of the email.
2. All electronic files, documents, pictures and forms must be saved as Lastname, Firstname 2021 before being uploaded onto the website application. To differentiate the between the files please add: essay, picture, CSF (community service form), etc. after the year. Online application submittals must be uploaded as a PDF or JPEG file. If you try to submit a document in a format other than a PDF or JPEG, the system will not accept it.
2. You must upload all documents at the same time, otherwise the system will not save your work
* Please ensure that there are no spaces or extra punctuation in file name
• Example—picture (LastFirst2021pic) and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021pic)
• Example—essay (LastFirst2021ess)and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021ess)
• Example—community service form (LastFirst2021csf)and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021csf)
• Example—birth certificate (LastFirst2021bc) and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021bc)
• Example—student driver’s license (LastFirst2021sdl) and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021sdl)
• Example—Grandparent affidavit (LastFirst2021gpa) and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021gpa)
• Example—High school transcript (LastFirst2021hst) and save as either a jpeg or pdf (DoeJane2021hst)
No ZIP files will be accepted. If you have any questions, please call the Dennis W. Holder Scholarship Fund at 281-385-8525. Thank you.